Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Warszawa : FOS-FOSS-BSW tickets
Date: December 20, 2005 23:32

FOS-tickets sold out - or at least not available now.

But what are section 2 really ( look at the map below ) ?? Those are the ones I call FOSS - Front of Small Stage ( and the cheap ones - BSW - "Big Screen Watching" ).

If FOS takes around 4000 people, then how many would be in section 2 ?? 10.000 ??
And where do the left and right "wings" end in section 2 ?? It seems like a typical Polish improvisation, but they are sometimes the most clever and intelligent.

I hope someone can help. Tickets are ( relatively ) cheap, and Polish audiences are great. You can answer here in Polish if you prefer.

Re: Warszawa : FOS-FOSS-BSW tickets
Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 20, 2005 23:54

Hi there from Poland
The FOS tickets seem to be gone right now, but it is really hard to say. On ticketpro.pl they say they sold out FOS-Keith's side (1A). They do not mention 1B (Ronnie's side) at all. At the beggining of the presale You were able to order 1B-Ronnie's side at the organisers website (odyssey.pl)though.
Section 2 is just general admission just like in other European concerts and there is no right or left side here. Looks more like 20000 people for me and I also wondered what those things on the sides are but I can only guess these are entrances.
Section 3 starts like 100 meters from the stage according to the map they previously showed on odyssey.pl and is GA too but further from the stage. They actually might have got it right as the B-stage is like 50 meters from the main stage.
They sometimes use such seating like for example in Munich last tour where they had 3 sections on the field like here in Warsaw.

If You have any questions just ask.

Adam

Date: December 21, 2005 00:11

Dziekuje bardzo, Adams. Precise observations, I think.

One more "technical question" : I have noticed on ticketpro.pl that tickets are for sale in numerous places all over Poland. Are these "pre-printed" or are they always printed on site when you go to these shops/ticket-shops ?? I ask because maybe some "pre-printed" could be returned soon to odyssey.pl or ticketpro.pl.....
Right now you can only get 170 zl-tickets at odyssey.pl, but 195 zl-tickets at ticketpro.pl.

Date: December 21, 2005 00:21

With the computer system they use, the tickets are printed on site so no returns I guess. But maybe not everybody paid for the tickets they ordered at odyssey.pl or ticketpro.pl so they might sell them once again. It might take some time though as they have trouble with proccesing the orders as I asked them for an invoice they couldn't find my order for two weeks (hope they will eventually).

And You're right, great, young crowd in Poland

pozdrawiam

Adam

Date: December 21, 2005 00:35

Jeszcze raz bardzo dziekuje !! Perhaps they will sell you two extra tickets due to their problems smiling smiley Then you won't have problems selling them to me. Chorzów was fantastic. I haven't been to Warszawa since 1998 ( but I'm longing to get back to the city where I once studied and lived for two years ).

Date: December 21, 2005 00:50

Well, maybe they willsmiling smiley
You should also check Polish auction sites like allegro.pl and ebay.pl as the tickets might show up there. Or maybe You could send an email to people in shortcut.pl (another ticket selling site). They sell only with ticketpro but sometimes they might be helpful (unfortunately for a price I guess).
Chorzow was great and FOS ticket price was just the same as in Warsaw, quite expensive at the time.

What did You study in Warsaw? Last time I went there was in October for a Bill Wyman concert in Palac Kultury i Nauki

Adam

Date: December 21, 2005 01:11

Thanks, I didn't know shortcut.pl. Perhaps an idea.

I lived in Warsaw in 1986-88. During the last grey years of the old system. I did study ( : 19th century Polish inteligencja ), but not enough smiling smiley
Btw : In PKiN I saw Darryl Jones for the first time in 1983 during the Miles Davis Jazz Jamboree concert. Another great Polish experience.

Zona juz mówi dobranoc. Ja równiez.
Dzieki za info !!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 21, 2005 03:23

How is the venue in Poland generally viewed. An event or " just one more concert ". Has it been it covered in the papers.

Re: Warszawa
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 21, 2005 10:03

>> How is the venue in Poland generally viewed <<

the venue itself, or the gig?
the venue is widely viewed as "oh well, maybe they'll still change it";
the concert is a Major Event. of course it is - it's the Rolling Stones!
and it's getting very nice media coverage.
smile: all kinds of people - semi-strangers like the dry cleaner and the librarian - have been rushing up to me saying
the Stones are coming the Stones are coming!! it's cool. Po' Land is good Stones territory.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: December 21, 2005 18:07

Oh, I love Miles, Bill Wyman played the same exact venue: Sala Kongresowa in PKiN. You probably know The Stones played in the same room in 1967.
Bill mentioned that concert and he said the last time he played the venue in 1967 the room was full of soldierssmiling smiley, quite a funny moment and there surely were people in the audience who saw that Stones concert.

The 2006 concert is considered quite an event, but probably not as huge as it would have been in 1990 like the Prague one. But it is the sign of normality

Adam

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 21, 2005 18:16

with ssoul wrote :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"the venue is widely viewed as "oh well, maybe they'll still change it";
the concert is a Major Event. of course it is - it's the Rolling Stones!
and it's getting very nice media coverage.
smile: all kinds of people - semi-strangers like the dry cleaner and the librarian - have been rushing up to me saying
the Stones are coming the Stones are coming!! it's cool. Po' Land is good Stones territory."

Thanks. Always pleasant to read that. Hope the Stones will perform at the expectations of Polish Pepole.

Date: December 21, 2005 18:45

Adams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You probably know
> The Stones played in the same room in 1967.
> Bill mentioned that concert and he said the last
> time he played the venue in 1967 the room was full
> of soldiers, quite a funny moment and there surely
> were people in the audience who saw that Stones
> concert.

I wish someone in Poland would write more about this concert in 1967. I have Daniel Wyszogrodzki's book, "Satysfakcja", and an interesting page from Rzeczpospolita ( August 14th, 1998 ). Daniel doesn't write much new. Rz's article is better, but still not that much. - When the Bemowo-concert was announced Polish TV ( TVP ) showed some interesting minor clips from the concert. I wonder how much material they ( : TVP ) actually keeps in their archives....?

Posted by: sater ()
Date: December 21, 2005 19:03

no nervous breakdowns Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FOS-tickets sold out - or at least not available
> now.
>
> But what are section 2 really ( look at the map
> below ) ?? Those are the ones I call FOSS - Front
> of Small Stage ( and the cheap ones - BSW - "Big
> Screen Watching" ).
>
> If FOS takes around 4000 people, then how many
> would be in section 2 ?? 10.000 ??
> And where do the left and right "wings" end in
> section 2 ?? It seems like a typical Polish
> improvisation, but they are sometimes the most
> clever and intelligent.
>
> I hope someone can help. Tickets are ( relatively
> ) cheap, and Polish audiences are great. You can
> answer here in Polish if you prefer.

LUDZIE TAK JAK JUZ NIE RAZ POWIEZIALEM NIE JEDZCIE NA KONCERT W WARSZAWIE..WYBIERZECIE BRNO LUB WIEDEN LUB BERLIN..DLACZEGO??
JUZ PODAJE POWODY
1 PAMIIETACIE KONCERT U2 W WARSZAWIE W 1997 ROKU??GDY POLOWA LUDZI NIE DOSTALA SIE NAWET NA SWOJE MIEJSCA
2 LOTNISKO BEMOWO MA ZEROWA AKUSTYKE,DZWIEK BEDZIE SIE ROZCHODZIL I BEDZIE DOBRZE SLYCHAC GDY BEDZIECIE STAC 10 METROW OD SCENY
3 W JEDNYM Z WYWIADOW PANI Z ODYSSEY POWIEDZILA JESTESMY PRZYGOTOWANI NA 100000 BILETOW ALE JESLI ZAJDZIE TAKA POTRZEBA TO UPCHNIEMY NAWET 200000!!!!UPCHNIEMY JAK BYDLO...NO I WSPOMNIALA ZE CZESC LUDZI BEDZIE OGLADAC KONCERT NA TELEBIMACH BO BEDA STAC TAK DALEKO OD SCENY...WIEC CHYBA NIE WYMAGA TO KOMENTARZA..A POZA TYM PASTWISKO JAKOS NIJAK PASUJE DO KONCERTU STONESOW..ODYSSEY MOGLO WYBRAC CHORZOW KTORY JEST SPRAWDZONYM MIEJSCEM JEZLI CHODZI O KONCERTY..ALE WOLELI POZWLIC ZAGRAC STONESOM NA BEMOWIE..DLATEGO WIEKSZOSC LUDZI Z POLUDNIA POLSKI WOLI JECHAC DO BRNA LUB WIEDNIA..I JAK NA KONCERCIE BEDZIE WIECEJ NIZ 40000 LUDZI TO BEDZIE TO OGROMNY SUKCES...
BO CZYM MOZE POCHWALIC SIE BEMOWO??JEDNYM KONCERTWM MICHAELA JACKSONA
A CHORZOW??METALLICA 1991,2004
ROLLING STONES 1998
U2 2005-TEN KONCERT ZOSTAL OGLOSZNY PRZEZ U2 ZA NAJLEPIEJ ZORGANIZOWANY KONCERT PODCZAS VERTIGO TOUR...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-21 19:05 by sater.

Date: December 21, 2005 19:21

I agree to some extent, sater. But I really don't see the big difference between Brno and Warsaw this time. Both are concerts in "unfriendly" surroundings. Ok, they put up some seating in Brno, but this exhibition place looks a bit suspicious for me as well. In 2003 I was in Leipzig for another field-concert. That was great, but I agree it could have been bad if there had been winds, and I do wonder what the people at the very back saw and heard of this concert.
I have also read the ridiculous comment about "selling 200.000 tickets if necessary".
That's complete nonsense of course. I also agree that Chorzów would have been better, but personally I have a shorter,cheaper, and faster way from Copenagen to Warsaw. And I still think Polish audiences are great !

Date: December 21, 2005 19:43

1. Brno seems to be a field too, actually they are going to put up seating in Warsaw too, on the sides just like in Brno now and Prague in 2003. The tickets cost 1100 PLN.
2. Actually the acoustics on a field should be much better as the sound does not bounce back from the back of the stadium. I can compare Berlin Olympiastadion and Prague both in 2003. The sound in Prague was much better and I was standing in the exactly same spot, 10 meters from the stage, right at the catwalk. They put up sound towers anyway. I asked some people who were standing in the back in Prague and they said the sound was perfect.
3. You know 200.000 people is bulshit. The Stones wouldn't allow that

Local patriot

Date: December 21, 2005 19:47

There are a lot of field concerts anyway and this one does not differ from others

Posted by: sater ()
Date: December 21, 2005 22:25

lot of field gigs in europe???where??only in belgrade...and another????why they don't play in wiener neustad or nurnberg anymore??And adams wrote: local patriot..yes I'm local patriot so what??

Date: December 21, 2005 22:57

>>>>And adams wrote: local patriot..yes I'm local patriot so what??

Nothing as long as you don't mislead other people with Your beliefs (like "Don't go to that concert and stuff").I would prefer a stadium but I would never discourage people from going to a Stones concert, especially when it's in my country with a great audience.

The thing is that probably odyssey people learnt their lesson with the U2 concert and it won't happen again.
Actually on their website they mention all the organised concerts, no sign of U2 though, do You have a ticket stub to check if they really did it?

If You're close to the stage then it doesn't matter how many people stand behind You and no reason to predict a disaster here, really
Brno is a field, Belgrade of course, Dublin, I guess Switzerland is going to be a field and Telaviv is rumoured to be a field as well as Groningen.
I also meant previous field concerts. Prague was great, wasn't it?

Date: December 21, 2005 23:14

By the way, Odyssey organised metallica in 2004 and U2 in 2005 which You said was PERFECTLY organised

Date: December 21, 2005 23:59

Horsens, Denmark is a field as well. So lots of them. And all of them probably better than Amsterdam Arena ( : sorry Dutch fans to mention that one again )

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: December 22, 2005 00:37

To be honest I do not expect much from Brno gig, because the Exhibition ground is quite packed with exhibition halls. I am really curious where they're going to put the stage... The venue is totally different from Prague 2003 where the stage was built on the nice spacious field. Honestly, it might be worse than your expectations for Warsaw. Anyway, we shall see...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home